Saturday, October 17, 2009

Autumn- ‘Tis the Season

It’s almost embarrassing how long it’s been since I’ve updated this blog…but when you have facebook it makes ya lazy. It’s easier for me to just upload and use captions on pictures.  I figured that it was about time that stopped being so lazy and gave you an update.  It’s been so long that I never even blogged about Ryan’s 1st birthday 2 months ago!! Bad mama! My excuse: I am a working mom with 2 kids toddlers.  Next week though, starts my off track time for the next 5 weeks. Oh how I LOVE to be a SAHM!

So back to my post:

In honor of the Fall season and creating family traditions we’ve taken the kids to a couple Southern California “Fall” staples: Oak Glen and the Live Oak Pumpkin Patch. Every time we go somewhere that is remotely close to a day trip (meaning NOT the grocery store or Target) I dream of how much the kids are going to love it.  And they do. But gosh, it sure is trying sometimes. Usually when we first arrive at the place, someone is throwing a tizzy and I am breaking a sweat before we even get out of the parking lot! Eventually every one is settled and I try my best to turn it into a good time.  I want my kids to remember the places we go every year as early as possible. I want to start those traditions now! Unfortunately for my husband, once it starts out hairy, he has a harder time putting on a smiley face once every one is settled.  He takes longer to settle than they do…but alas…all’s well that ends well! We always end up having a good time in the end!

The first trip we took was to Oak Glen.  It was one of the first days it truly started to feel like Fall…especially up there! That was the morning I went into my kids closets and realized nothing for cooler weather (from last year) fit them! So both ended up wearing jackets that were slightly too small and Allie a shirt that was a bit too short.  I hid that with her little bit too small jacket. Luckily Ryan had a couple of cooler weather outfits because he had just had a birthday in the end of August.  We went to Oak Glen with all of Jason’s family and it was the kids first time going.  Here are some pictures of that day:

I wanted a family picture so bad because the last one we had was back in June when Ryan was baptized.  Unfortunately, in each picture there is at least one child scowling. *sigh*

DSCN3786 DSCN3785

 

The kids are ready to go. Allie is cheesin’ it…as always!

DSCN3783 

 

The area to picnic in was on a hill, not a very steep hill but to Ryan it was! He couldn’t go more than 2 steps down hill without falling.  His look of puzzlement with the rugged terrain was hilarious! He couldn’t figure it out!

DSCN3787

Ryan and his cousin. I love knowing that they will grow up together.  He will always have a buddy because they will be in the same grade in school…and possibly the same school! Then there is little league and cousin sleepovers to give their parents a date night! Fun stuff!

 DSCN3788 

Then of course, there’s me…and my munchkins :)

DSCN3796 DSCN3793

Needless to say, I headed to JC Penny’s that day with my little shopping buddy (Allie) and left the boys at home and had a mini shopping spree for thier fall/winter wardrobe.  And guess what? I didn’t spend a penny on myself! I am not sure you know how hard that is for me to do…or maybe you do :).

 

The following weekend we to the kids (sporting their new jackets and clothes), again with Jason’s family to the Live Oak Pumpkin patch.  Allie threw a tizzy at the entrance over something only she knows. Oh the terrible terrific two’s! The giant hay stacks is the only thing that cheered her up.  She dragged her scared-of-heights Daddy all the way to the top (and would not come down for anything, hence tizzy #2 that soon followed) while I chased around the little man.

He just had a blast exploring the territory.

DSCN3851 DSCN3843

Notice the spiky hair? That’s his new ‘do and I think it’s fabulous! And he looks like a little boy, not so much a baby…and I am okay with that!

 

DSCN3854

Everyone else was at the bottom taking the picture :)

 

 

How I tried to get a picture of my little pumpkins…I tried!

but I did the get these pictures which I LOVE!!!

DSCN3873 DSCN3872

and then I got a couple cute ones of the kids individually:

DSCN3886 DSCN3876

Then Ryan started licking the pumpkins and I couldn’t get him to stop! I kept thinking about all of the cow manure these pumpkins grew in and my kid is licking them! ew! But he just wouldn’t stop lovin’ on those pumpkins, every single one he saw!

DSCN3879

2 comments:

Devyn said...

Awe, your family is soo cute! I love making family memories too!

Leann said...

pssst - you've been boo'd check out my blog =)