Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Baking with my littles and a recipe

I'm back to blogging! Hopefully, I can play a little catch up with my Project Life pages.

When I was off track in March, I tried to as many fun things as I could without spending any money. I was pretty successful for the most part, but it required a lot of staying home. Is it just me or does staying home just make you more tired??? Anyhoo, despite staying home a lot we kept as busy as we could. One of the things we did often was bake :) Allie and I have been baking together for a long while now, but this was the first time I trusted let Ryan join in. That kid is nuts, I tell ya, I didn't know if I'd end up with a big mess or what, but it turned out fine. I pulled up a couple of kitchen chairs on either side of me and let the kids pour in all the ingredients. As for what we made? Chocolate chip cookies! yum-o! Its our favorite thing to bake and they are pretty darn good if ya ask me...or anyone else who has tasted them. I hate to sound all braggy-braggy and all but, seriously, they are *dust my shoulders off* GOOD :) I'll even share the recipe with y'all! And there are some pictures of some pretty cute kids if scroll down just a bit.

Amanda's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies You Ever Tasted. EVER.
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour (use a food scale to weigh if you can, flour measures better that way)
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup stick butter, melted and cooled(I use Blue Bonnet, not real butter, I know)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed firmly
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
the whole freakin' bag of your favorite chocolate chips (minus a handful to eat while you wait :))

Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour and baking soda. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine melted butter and brown sugar. Mix well. Stir in egg and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips (semi sweet is best, in my opinion)
For each cookie, drop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. 8 minutes is the magic number for baking CC cookies. It has turned them out perfect on every oven I've EVER baked in. The edges should be firm and the centers still soft.
ENJOY with a big glass of milk :))












2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm totally trying that recipe :)

Mr. ATM said...

Yeah me too I just can't wait to tru it out. :D