Though I miss their babyhood tremendously, I am in love with watching them grow up. Now that they are older we are able to do so many new 'kid' things!
Allison
I am over the moon for you and your girlishness. I don't know what I would ever do with out you. You help me keep those boys balanced and in line.You are just the way I was when I was little; had to have your hair bows and nails painted but NEVER afraid to get dirty with the best of them!
The tough stuff: You are almost 3 1/2 years old and it's like we are revisiting the terrible two's! It's like we can never say just what you want how you want and it frustrates you to no end. It's times like this I wish I could read minds!
You are going through a phase where you want to be called by your favorite cartoon characters but NOT Allie or Allison or sweetheart or baby girl or anything of the like. And to add to it you change that name 50 times a day-it's exhausting!
You're stubborness is like nothing I've ever seen before. And I love you that much more for it. You really are in this "Mary Quite Contrary" stage and it's throwing your mama and daddy for a loop. This too shall pass, I know :)
How you eat: You have always been a picky eater, but you will eat most of what's put in front of you...as long as it's one of the few things you like! You love grilled cheese, fish sticks, cheese and 'illa (basically, a quesadilla), chicken nuggets, noodles, spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter cracker sandwhiches, hot dogs...oh and how can I forget 'Dora Soup with carrots' (a chicken noodle soup with Dora shaped noodles). Pretty much we cycle those items through out the week with any fruit and one of the only 2 vegetables you'll eat: carrots or corn. You are crazy addicted to apple juice. Apple juice in that dang sippy cup. You're mama wants to burn those sippy cups. And I will, come November when Im home with you all month. We'll break you of those sippy's girly :)
How you start the day: Usually grumpy! Mommy or Daddy will walk in your room and say good morning. You are usually upset because we called you by the 'wrong' name (story of our life lately!). I love the days that we walk in and you are happy-like this morning :) On school days, you usually wake up about 7:00. But you are so good because you stay in your bed until one of us comes to get you. You aren't in a crib anymore, yet you still wait. I love that :) Then we get you dressed, you pick out your hair bow and off to Gobbie's house you go! On non school days, you usually play in your room until we come to get you. I love that you let us sleep in :) You are a very considerate little girl.
Your fun side: You love to play in your room for hours at a time. You will play dolls, read books, dress up, play 'food', or blocks. You carry your Barney doll every where. You have 3 Olivia pigs whom you have love/hate relationship with. I don't know what those pigs ever did to you, but you sure get mad at them! You love to sing and dance. But I think your favorite thing to do is play with your brother. In the bath you make 'witches brew' togther (a fun new game that goes perfect with the coming Halloween holiday). In Ryan's room, you play with his trains. You always get Percy and he is always Thomas, Henry, and the trucks...but Percy is yours. And he know it. I am not even allowed to touch Percy, your brother never fails to remind me. You and your brother like to ride your cars from one end of the house to the other as fast as you can. At night you yell "I love you" to one another as loud as you can from your beds. You scream and knock on the wall between you before finally falling fast asleep. I think it is so sweet, so I never put a stop to it. You LOVE to bake with mommy. One of our most favorite past times that I have a feeling will become a cherished memory for us both. You are absolutely head over heel in love with your Daddy. You 2 play together for hours and hours. You especially love to play Play-Doh together.
Ryan
You have got to be the happiest boy I have ever met in my life! You fill our lives with so much joy and laughter. You also make your mama feel like she's going to have a heart attack before I'm 30! You are a wild wild little man. You may be small, but don't ever let that fool you. You are a nut. That's all there is to it.
The tough stuff: You are 2 years old and 3 months. You are about to start potty training soon (next week, actually). I don't know how it's going to go, but I'm pretty positive you will take to it. You are so eager for 'equal treatment'. Sometimes I swear that is what you are saying to me. You just want to be 'big' so badly, and it frustrates you that you aren't. Hold your horses lil man, you got all your life to be a big man. You're only little once, and your mama wants to keep you that way as long as you can. You have cut your lip open more times than I can count on one hand. You have an ornery streak in you...a BIG one. You tease your sister just for the fun of it. She has a little purple truck that she rides on and you have a red one. Yet you like to get on her purple one and parade it in front of her with a big ol' cheese grin on your face. It infuriates your sister! She just hates that.
How you eat: Exactly like your sister! Ha! You are willing to try more things than she is. You really prefer salty over sweet. Which is opposite of your sissy. You wanted out of the high chair pretty quick. You wanted to be big like your sister and sit at the table with the rest of the family. And while we still struggle in getting Allie to use silverware, cups and straws; you took well to all of that. No problems :) However, you generally eat whatever sissy is eating so that I'm not making several different meals. You kinda just go stuck with it, but you don't seem to mind!

How you start the day: So happy! When I walk into the room I can always bet you'll be standing there with your yellow binky in your mouth and your green blanky in your arms. You always smile big and just start talking to me. You tell me about what ever is on your mind that morning. You lift your arms to be picked up and hugged tight. You are so willing to get dressed and start your day. You like to help pick out your clothes too. You like your cup of milk and pancakes right away. You drag your little blanky around all morning. You are a happy boy all morning, it's your best time of the day :)

Your fun side: You are all boy! You love to be messy, wild, and fast. You love your trains! We got you a train table for your birthday and that is the place where one can find you if they were looking. You are pretty agreeable in doing what ever your sister wants you to do (when you aren't busy trying to tease her) and saying what she wants you to say...and going where she wants you to go. She'll have you trained perfectly by the time you get married! Your future wife will have your sister to thank for that! You love to dance. You hear music and you bop your head, you shake your booty and wave your arms. Sometimes you get pretty funky and it is so much fun to see. I LOVE the way you dance. You are famous for getting into things...or climbing things. The song by Brad Paisley called "anything like me' suits you so perfectly. I have to hold back tears everytime I hear it.

XOXO,
Mommy <3>
How you start the day: So happy! When I walk into the room I can always bet you'll be standing there with your yellow binky in your mouth and your green blanky in your arms. You always smile big and just start talking to me. You tell me about what ever is on your mind that morning. You lift your arms to be picked up and hugged tight. You are so willing to get dressed and start your day. You like to help pick out your clothes too. You like your cup of milk and pancakes right away. You drag your little blanky around all morning. You are a happy boy all morning, it's your best time of the day :)
Your fun side: You are all boy! You love to be messy, wild, and fast. You love your trains! We got you a train table for your birthday and that is the place where one can find you if they were looking. You are pretty agreeable in doing what ever your sister wants you to do (when you aren't busy trying to tease her) and saying what she wants you to say...and going where she wants you to go. She'll have you trained perfectly by the time you get married! Your future wife will have your sister to thank for that! You love to dance. You hear music and you bop your head, you shake your booty and wave your arms. Sometimes you get pretty funky and it is so much fun to see. I LOVE the way you dance. You are famous for getting into things...or climbing things. The song by Brad Paisley called "anything like me' suits you so perfectly. I have to hold back tears everytime I hear it.
XOXO,
Mommy <3>



No comments:
Post a Comment