Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dun Dun Da Dun, Dun, Dun Da Dun!

Just a couple of days ago, I decided to dress my daughter up in my wedding gown and have a little photo shoot with her. She has always noticed my wedding gown in the closet, my dried bouquet in the glass cabinet, my wedding albums, my wedding ring and all the pictures around the house of my wedding day. This girl is 4 1/2 and has already caught the 'wedding bug', she talks about it so much!

I did not think of this all on my own. No, that was some other genius mom, I just copied it. :) I saw a friend do this and post on FB, then she said she had found it on Pinterest. So maybe you've heard of it by now? If you haven't, the idea is to take pictures of your small daughter in your wedding gown, then when she grows up, you can present the pictures to her to display on her own wedding day. Also since the chance of her wearing my gown (mine was a maternity gown) is slim to none, I thought this was an adorable idea! I think the added bonus of the memory making is just perfect too, as I know she will never forget it. I had fun too, I used many props. Some had to do with our wedding, and some were just pretty. I used the dried bouquet, photo albums, framed pictures and such. I wanted to use my wedding ring, but I couldn't get it off my own finger. :( I also used a string of pearls I had that had nothing to do with my wedding, her dress up wedding veil ( I didn't wear one, I wore the head band Allie is seen wearing in some of the pictures), make up and a rhine stone purse I had from a past formal in college. I tried to be as 'artistic' as I could. I have gave her a little 'up do'.  She soaked up every second of it and I must say, for a point-and-shoot, I got some pretty fantabulous shots! Only a few are edited for a dramatic effect (a soft focus), but most are not. The B&W, Sepia, and Cyan shots were taken that way with the settings on my camera. Also, I took 140+ pictures...I couldn't choose just one to show you, I love them all!

You may see a couple of shots of Ry thrown in there. He was there, on the sidelines, playing with his Alphie or trying to climb under the bed covers Allie was sitting on. We shot for an hour (yes, my little model say in the same spot for an HOUR, you jel?) and it wasn't until the last few minutes did he start to get antsy. I think Allie could have stayed there all day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


She liked pretending this mouse was her 'husband'







I included this last shot so I can show you what Allie was looking at. haha!
\

No comments: