Friday, November 5, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth

Jason and I have always said that when both kids were potty trained we would get Disneyland season passes. Well, we waited as far as Ryan's 2nd birthday before we got them (3 months shy of Ryan getting potty trained).

Let me just tell you how much I LOVE Disneyland...how much I've always loved it. I remember visiting Disneyland as a child. As we drove up my mom would read the "Welcome to the Happiest Place on Earth" and I felt so happy! The joy of walking through Main Street, it was truly the stuff dreams were made of! I still feel this way today and to be able to share that with my children is a dream come true. One of my hopes is that they look back on their childhood fondly whenever they visit...just like I do. Disneyland takes me back to a more innocent time when the world was not so jaded and the future was positive... hopeful. I feel like it's giving me permission to let my inner child be happy and free. :)

Allie and Ryan love Disneyland too. Before our first trip we talked about it alot but I don't think they had a clue what to expect. Now they have their favorite rides to do...

Teacups
Small World
Dumbo Tiki Room
Train

and their favorite things to eat...

Pizza from Pizza Port cotton candy
popcorn lollipops

and favorite things to do...

knock on the white rabbits door feed the ducks popcorn
meet characters look in the stores wander Tom Sawyers Island

...to name a few!

Here are some pictures from our first couple of trips...we've definitely gone many, MANY more times since. :)













1 comment:

Heidi said...

aw what a fun trip! I love disneyland!