Monday, January 23, 2012

Girls Crafty Morning!

This past weekend Allie and I had a craft morning in our PJ's. We had a lot of fun together, just talking and laughing...and crafting! I just love having a daughter who likes to do these things with me because lawd knows, she probably won't want to do these things when she's a teenager.  That's coming up soon right? 4 going on 17?
I found this sweet little craft on - what else?- Pinterest! And then I became attached at the hip to original source. Well, not really, but I LOVE her blog! She's one of those people I want to"be when I grow up".  The other person is this one, I think she's fabulous with her many fabulous blogs...or maybe even this one since we are on the subject! ha! A girl can dream...
Anyway, off topic... continuing on!
First thing we did was cut 1 sheet each of red and white tissue paper into strips and then into squares about 1inch by 1 inch.  In fact, I don't believe I cut the whole sheet, probably about 3/4 and didn't even use it all. I put it in cute buckets just to be festive.
This part is super easy. I figure if I can do this with a class full of Kinders at the beginning of the year, then I can certainly do it with my 4 year old.  Cut some cardstock or stiff scrapbook paper into any shape you want. Grab an old pencil, and put some glue on a plate. Take a square of paper, put it on the end of your pencil and dab it in the glue. Just a quick dab, or your paper will turn to mush.

Stick the card stock shape! Easy breezy! The best part is that its cute when its a little messy, so its perfect of a little one to help make. Repeat over and over until the shape is all filled up.
We ended up making 4 of each color and then gluing them to a purple ribbon. I strung them across the entertainment center and I really like them. This area is all done up at Christmas time with evergreen and white twinkle lights. When it comes down, it looks boring and drab and then I can't wait to start decorating for Valentines day!
Allie made all the red ones...
And I made all the white ones.
When we got done, we continued our girls morning with mani/pedis.  We painted our nails red and I drew little white hearts with white polish and a toothpick on our thumbs and Allie's toes (no pictures :( ).  It was a perfect morning that I really want to repeat, SOON!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

sounds like a wonderful morning! I am so glad you and your daughter like to do the same things... of course, with an awesome mom like you, I am sure she will still want to hang out with you when she is older :-)

elizabeth said...

Amanda you have such a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing :)